Most of the work on the internet is done is through email and it is essential for most of us. And there are many email service providers in the market and we rely on the best of those. AT&T email is one of the biggest email service providers in today’s day and age. And millions of people enjoy their service owing to some of the features of AT&T email.
But, if you want to take the most advantage of the AT&T email service, then you’ve got to configure it in an email client. MS Outlook is the most used and feature-rich email client available on the market. More than 90% of professionals use MS Outlook as their default email client.
So, if you want to set up ATT email in MS Outlook, you’ve come to the right page. Today, we will help you in setting up your computer with an AT&T email account in Outlook.
Let’s get started.
How to Setup ATT Email in Outlook?
Don’t worry the steps to setup AT&T email in MS Outlook are pretty simple and straightforward. Just follow the steps and you will be good to go with the setup of AT&T email in Outlook. But first, you must look at the email settings. You will be required to enter the email settings for AT&T in Outlook. Only after that, you will be able to configure your account properly.
ATT Outlook Email Settings – Let’s have a look at the ATT Outlook email Settings you need to configure your account.
- Account Type – IMAP or POP3
- Incoming Mail Server – imap.mail.att.net
- Incoming Mail Port – 993
- Outgoing Mail server – smtp.mail.att.net
- Outgoing Mail Port – 465
- Encryption Type – SSL
With the help of these settings, you will be able to configure the ATT email in Outlook without any hassle.
Now, we will shift our focus to the actual steps for AT&T email setup in Outlook.
- First, you need to open the MS Outlook on your computer and then click on the File tab from the top ribbon bar.
- Now, go to the Info section from the left panel and then click on the Add Account option.
- Now, you need to select the ‘Manual setup or additional server types’ option from the list and then click on the Next button.
- Now, you need to select the account type as IMAP or POP3 from the dropdown list.
- After that, you need to enter the email address in the first option.
- Now, you need to enter the email settings for AT&T in the next few options.
- Enter the incoming mail server and outgoing mail server in the given boxes.
- After that, you need to enter the Email Address and Password for the AT&T email in the corresponding boxes.
- Then, you need to click on the More Settings option and it will open a new window.
- Now, you need to go to the Outgoing Server tab and select the ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ and then select ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server’ option as well.
- After that, you need to open the Advanced setting from there and then enter the incoming mail port and outgoing mail port. You would also need to define the type of encrypted connection, choose SSL.
- Then, click OK and then Next to proceed to the next stage of the process.
- Outlook will test out the settings and username and password combination you’ve entered. If everything is correct, then you need to click on the Finish button to complete the account addition process in Outlook.
Once the account is added to Outlook, you will be redirected to the Mailbox of AT&T after pressing the Finish button.
So, this is how you can set up your ATT email login account in MS Outlook without any hassle. However, you need to follow the steps as they are listed, one mistake could land you in trouble. You must ensure that you’ve followed the steps from start to finish. Once, you’ve done that, there is nothing to worry about for you.
However, if you land in trouble and unable to sync your account from AT&T servers, then you may need to restart the entire process.