Norton users can face difficulty after the termination of the Norton SafeDNS services. You will get more information about the service suspension at Norton official website. It will directly move you towards the home page of Norton. Coming back to the article, here we are providing some steps to configure settings that will bring no hindrances in using the application. You only need to perform the steps according to your devices. So, without wasting any time, let’s quickly jump on the steps.
If you are a user of Windows PC then conduct these steps and switch SafeDNS from Connect Safe via the Norton.com/Setup system.
- Firstly, press the Windows logo and R key together to launch the run dialog box.
- Moving on, you need to fill in ncpa.cpl and also press the Enter tab to move further.
- Make sure to right-click on the active network adapter.
- After that hit the Properties tab.
- Hit the yes or continue button if you see User Account Control prompt.
- Move towards the Networking tab and from there, choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
- Just hit on the Properties tab now.
- Next, delete Norton ConnectSafe server address settings, input values 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11.
- Select the OK and Close displaying on the window named Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties window.
- You will receive reliable security against phishing and malicious websites on your PCs by doing these steps but you become unable to deal with the filtering.
- To begin, you need to move towards the Apple menu and select System Preferences from there.
- After that, just choose Network.
- Unlock the lock icon if it is shown as locked and closed.
- Now, provide your administrator password followed by pressing the return tab.
- Just choose the network connection that you desire to set to use Norton ConnectSafe.
- Also, hit the Advanced button.
- Proceed towards the DNS tab, try to delete the two Norton ConnectSafe IP that indicates that you are added for the policy of content filtering.
- Choose Norton ConnectSafe IP address to eliminate the address and also hit the minus icon.
- With the plus icon, try to add 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124.
- Hit OK and thereafter Apply.
- Now, you may receive trustable security that will fight against phishing and malicious websites but at the same, it deprives you of the opportunity to manage the filtering.
- Just move towards your web browser.
- Now, in the address bar, you need to type the IP address of your router followed by hitting enter.
- Well, the most used default IP addresses are 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1. But, if somehow the router provider uses a different IP address, then make sure to have proper help documentation for the router.
- You need to enter your administrator user name and password followed by selecting the OK tab. This will display a router configuration setting page on the window’s screen.
- Once done with that, try to find and open the DNS settings. You can have the DNS settings under WAN settings.
- Try to remove or eliminate Norton ConnectSafe server address settings. After that, input the SafeDNS DNS servers – 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52.
- You will be provided trustable protection against all the malicious activities conducted by the illegitimate sites but it will take away your right to manage the filtering.
Make Sure to have SafeDNS entirely
If you want to get full control over your network then must be required to register for a free SafeDNS trial under Norton.com/Setup. This will help you in filtering the internet for various users. You don’t need to be worried about any other devices as it works fluently on every device.
With SafeDNS, you are not only be provided the above functionality but also other securities. Like it will bring you the option to protect your adults and children from irrelevant and inappropriate websites. Moreover, it will resolve all the issues related to dangerous threats.
This article deals with one focus question: How to switch SafeDNS from Norton ConnectSafe? Carefully, follow the steps that you need to conduct according to your device preference. We hope that you like the content of our article. We would like to hear back from you about your experience while doing the operations. So, share your experience in the comment section.