QuickBooks payroll is one of the best QuickBooks products and it is used by a lot of companies. But, users have also reported different issues that they face while using QuickBooks. One such issue is QuickBooks error 15241. The user usually encounters this error when he tries to update the payroll. Also, the error can occur when the QuickBooks FCS i.e., File copy service is not enabled. The error can be resolved easily. If you are facing the same error, here is what you need to do. Here is how you can fix QuickBooks 15241 error. Read the article till the end to know more about it.
Factors leading to QuickBooks error 15241
Here are some of the factors because of which you can face the 15241 error in QuickBooks. They are as follows:
- The FCS service is not enabled.
- The required file is damaged or corrupted.
- QuickBooks is not properly installed on the system.
- Other than this, if windows registry files are corrupted, an error can occur.
- There are chances that the required files are deleted from the system.
- Also, the antivirus system installed on the system can interrupt the working of the QuickBooks.
Ways to fix QuickBooks Error 15241
Method 1: Updating tax table
- The very first way that you can fix the QuickBooks Error 15241 is to update the payroll tax table. Here is how to do the same:
- First, you need to open the QuickBooks application on the system and then click on the Employees option.
- In the menu, you need to click on the Get payroll updates option.
- Now, click on the download entire update option and click on the update option.
- Wait for the process to complete. On completion, a new window will appear on the screen.
Method 2: Update payroll manually
In case the first method didn’t work for you, you can consider updating the payroll manually. Here is how to do the same.
- The very first step is to insert the CD of payroll update in the system and then you will have to open the Payroll update window.
- In case you are using the QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier, you will have to click on the employees’ option and then click on the get Payroll update option.
- In case the prompt appears on the screen for update.dat and update3.dat file, you will have to respond to the prompt.
- When done, you need to click on the browse option.
- Now, redirect the tool to the location of the CD drive.
- Now, you need to choose the update.dat or update3.dat file and then click on the open option.
- After this, you will have to click on the OK option appearing in the payroll window.
- You will then have to click on the Windows start option and then close the QuickBooks application.
- When done, you will have to open “MY computer” and then open the CD drive.
- Also, you need to use the same CD for another system. In case you can see all the files, there are chances that there is some hardware issue in the first system.
- In case the files are not visible in the second system also, you will have to get a new payroll CD from the Intuit website or the store.
- Other than this, keep in mind to install the software from an appropriate location and make sure that the tax table versions are accurate.
- Now, click on the install option to start the process. Wait for the process to complete. On completion of the update, your new tax table will be available in the system.
- Finally, press the OK button.
Method 3: fix error 15241 in Windows 10,8, or 7
Now, this method is applicable for only Windows 7, 8, or 10. You can fix the QuickBooks error 15241 by following all the steps mentioned below:
- Initially, you will have to terminate the QuickBooks desktop window.
- When done, you will have to go to the start option and then right-click on the option for Computer. Also, click on the manage option.
- In case you are using Windows 10, you will have to click on the search option and then look for the Computer. When found, right-click on it and choose the manage option.
- After this, you will have to click on the services and applications options and then you need to double-tap on the option for services.
- In the services option, you need to find the QuickBooks FCS and then double-click on the same.
- After this, in the prompt, you need to click on the general option and then choose the option for startup type. From the options, click on the manual one.
- When done, you will have to click on the apply button and then click on the start option.
Method 4: Fix QuickBooks error 15241 in Windows XP
If you’re using Windows XP, follow the below-mentioned steps to fix the issue.
- First, you will have to terminate the QuickBooks desktop on the system.
- Next, you will have to open My computer on the system and then right-click on it. From the menu, you need to click on the manager option.
- A new window will open on the screen. In the window, you need to click on the services and application option and then click on the services option.
- Once done, you need to look for the Intuit QuickBooks FCS services to open the properties.
- Now, in the prompt, you will have to click on the general option and then click on the startup type option. From the menu, you need to choose the manual option.
- Finally, click on the Ok option and then start the QuickBooks again.
- You will then have to update all the QuickBooks products and payroll tables.
It is common to face errors while using any software and so is the case with QuickBooks. You can easily resolve the issues by following some methods. This was all you need to know about fixing QuickBooks error 15241. Hopefully, the article has helped you.