Quickbooks abort errors can usually be because of the damaged INI file. When the error occurs, the active program and the Quickbooks application crashes. Other than this, there are chances that your files can get corrupted because of the error. In case you are also facing the Quickbooks abort error, the article will help you to get through it. We have mentioned in detail the Quickbooks abort error.
Factors Leading to the Occurrence of Quickbooks Error
- Different versions of Quickbooks are used.
- In a single network, there is more than one host system.
- Also, the company file may not have enough permissions.
- QBUSER.INI file is not present on the system or is damaged.
- The file is saved on a portable device or a different network.
Various Methods to Fix Quickbooks Abort Error
Method 1: Run Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- To start with, you will have to get the Quickbooks tool hub on the system and then save the file to the most accessible location.
- Next, open the downloaded file and then click on the Quickbookstoolhub.exe file.
- When done, you will have to agree to the terms and conditions and then follow all the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the installation process.
- When the process will complete, you will have to double-click on the icon and then open the Quickbooks tool hub on the system.
- In the window, you will have to go to the installation issues option and then select Quickbooks to install the diagnostic tool.
- Wait for the tool to load. It may take some time.
- When done, click on the next option and let the scanning process complete.
- On completion, you need to start the system again and then start the Quickbooks application.
Method 2: Change the Name of the QBWUSER.INI File
- First, you will have to look for the folder in which you have stored the QBWUSER.Ini file. In case you are not able to find the file, check if you have enabled the option for hidden files. In case it is enabled, you will have to disable it.
- When done, you will have to right-click on the required file, and then from the menu, choose the rename option.
- Now, you will have to add old at the end of the file name.
- Other than this, you need to change the name of the entitlement data and ECML file.
- When done, you need to open the required file and carry out the process.
Method 3: Run File Doctor Tool
- First, you will have to download the Quickbooks file doctor tool on the system.
- After this, you will have to save the downloaded file on the desktop.
- When done, you have to open the Quickbooks file doctor tool file.
- Follow all the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the installation process.
- After this, you need to start the tool and then click on the Browse option to load the file.
- Scan the file to detect all the errors and automatically fix them.
Solution 4: Close Your AntiVirus Program
Steps to Disable AntiVirus:
- First, you need to log in to the antivirus program installed on the system.
- After this, you will have to go to the settings option.
- When done, you need to look for the disable option and when found, click on the option.
- In the end, choose the Ok button to apply the changes and start the device again.
Steps to Disable Windows Defender
- To start with, you will have to click on the windows icon and then in the search bar type Window defender.
- When done, you will have to click on the appropriate option for Windows defender.
- After this, you will have to look for the option to disable the defender.
- In the end, you will have to apply all the changes made and then start the device again.
Solution 5: Check Quickbooks Hosting Status
- First, you need to open Quickbooks and then choose the files option.
- After this, you will have to click on the utility option.
- Now, from the menu, choose the option to stop multi-user access hosting.
- You will then have to open the company file in multi-user mode.
All the methods that we have mentioned will help you to fix the Quickbooks abort error easily. We hope that the article was beneficial for you.